let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
OPEN HOUSE Saturday February 22nd - 1 pm - 3 pm. Fantastic value in this updated 3 bedroom, family-friendly, south-west facing condo! The top two floors on the quiet, sunny side of the building! The main level has a big open living area that leads to the dining area & kitchen with all new appliances plus an in-suite laundry/storage room. Upstairs offers 3 bedrooms, perfect for a growing family! All stainles...
Great location! Just off of central Keating Cross Road, this fully serviced, flat & ready to build corner lot is being offered for the first time. Conveniently located near to the airport, ferries, BC Transit, schools & shopping, the home will be east facing and will feature great views of Mt Baker and everything in between! This is a rare opportunity to build your dream home in this wonderful neighbourhood. ...
OPEN HOUSE SAT. and 1-3 PM. This is the perfect house for a growing family and a rare combination of great location, updated condition and overall value! The main floor plan is flexible and open - the in-line kitchen, dining and living room areas create a conformable & interactive family space. There are 3 bedrooms upstairs with another optional master bedroom, family or playroom on the main floor. Recent upd...
Welcome to your new home - a spacious 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom townhouse that's close to everything! You'll arrive at a spacious tiled entry area that leads to the double-garage with private alley access. The main floor features a bright, open dining & living floor-plan, while the updated kitchen has stainless steel appliances, shaker cabinets, quartz counters & a stylish new butcherblock-top island/breakfast ba...
QUIET CUL DE SAC....First time on the market in over 50 years. Great family character home centrally situated with easy access to down town, all sorts of shopping at Uptown/Tillicum Mall and has easy high way access. Offering 3 or 4 bedrooms (one bedroom can be used as family or dining room), coved ceilings, wood burning fireplace, updated open kitchen, steel roof, thermopane windows and hardwood floors in th...Listed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
Estate Sale - Waiting for a buyer with vision to restore this heritage character fixer-upper or re-develop the approximately 7,200 sq. ft. lot. Clean title with no easements, R-1 B zoning which allows for a secondary suite or garden suite. Location is 10 out of 10: Quiet, level and walk-able neighbourhood - close to shopping, and all that Oaklands has to offer: Transit, Hillside Mall, Camosun College, restaur...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015